BPMN defines a Business Process Diagram (BPD), which is based on a flowcharting technique tailored for creating graphical models of business processes. If you need to model the activity of a business, capturing the behaviour and the information flows within the organization or system, you can do so using the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN).
BPMN using Enterprise Architect - Key Features
Enterprise Architect from Sparx Systems is one of the most widely used design and modeling toolset in the world.
Enterprise Architect provides a full-featured implementation of the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) out of the box. This allows business processes to be expressed in a standard graphical notation and traced throughout enterprise and system models.
BPMN support in Enterprise Architect promotes easier analysis and successful implementation of business processes. It is easily understandable by both business stakeholders and the development team and helps tracking business processes throughout enterprise and system models. It also provides the capability to capture and document your business processes and improve process communication and operational efficiencies.
BPMN modeling using Enterprise Architect offers the following benefits:
• Based on flowcharting technique to create graphical models of business process targeted to business modeling community
• Business processes expressed in a standard graphical notation traced throughout enterprise and system models
• Combination of basic business process concepts and advanced modeling concepts
• Migrate previous BPMN models
• Model business processes with industry standard UML
• BPMN has a relatively direct mapping to UML through BPMN Profiles integrated with the Enterprise Architect installer
• Manage requirements at a very detailed level
• Reverse engineer legacy code and database models
• Produce great looking reports in standard RTF and HTML format
• Connect your business process model to use case and software design models for end to end traceability
BPMN simulation is a method for visualizing and validating the behaviour of your BPMN Business Process diagrams. With visual indications of all currently executing activities along with the possible activities that can be executed next you will easily be able to understand and identify potential issues with the process you have modelled.
Share models throughout the organization
Business modelers and software modelers can work together in the same model repository, combining Enterprise Architect's strengths for both systems and process modeling. This helps to improve communication across your organization and maximize traceability and productivity within the development lifecycle.
Enterprise Architect is ideally suited to capturing and documenting your business process models. Best of all, the models you create in EA can then be used to drive the requirements, use cases, analysis and design phases of new software development projects, all with complete traceability back to your original BPM.